Tuesday, March 14, 2017

BSR-V aban. pt 3: epilogue and message to my wife

 The wondering. It’s killing what’s left of me. It looks like there’s no saving us. Looking back at everything and where we are now makes me think Barbara was never truly in this for us to be happy, she wanted me to give her something in a magical relationship but I can’t help wonder if she only stayed as long as she did because of having nowhere else to go. Just using me to support her when she couldn’t but got tired of the broke life and being cramped in tiny living spaces so she got her uncle to move her back to Florida in his nice big country club house where she really wanted to be (pure speculation, she may be in Cali. for all I know). She knew I was on disability, where I lived when we got together, and how much I struggle to get by, so it’s not like she was surprised. All I can do is wonder if anything she ever said to me was true when all of her actions through the whole relationship showed otherwise to me/everyone else we saw regularly. This truth hurts a lot to have to face and I still hope she really does care somewhere inside enough to finally admit the truth to herself, we had a good marriage, maybe fix us.
Not only is she killing my hope that a true love can come after losing the love of your life, being just as important in their own way, but she’s killing everyone else’s that has suffered the same loss. Our life together was good except for when we were arguing. We had many wonderful moments like having our private parties playing music videos dancing on the porch while having a smoke. Our first 4th of July getting take out chicken dinner and watching fireworks, chilling at home cuddled on the couch, snuggling ourselves to sleep, getting through another fight and being stronger/ happier until the next one. With all our individual mental issues we were doing great and always I improved after having a major issue, mine were becoming less frequent. Hers were becoming clearer to me and I was learning how to handle them better. We really are good for each other and she knows it! Plus there’s the future.

 Barbara, you know there’s a high likelihood you will become forgetful enough to not take your meds, things will go badly in that way you know, no one will be able to handle that, which will land you in a care facility of some kind. We already talked about that, you asked me to care for you at home, I promised you I would because I love my wife too much to let her be in a care facility. I’ll love you even if you don’t remember me and I have to remind you every day with pictures and our marriage certificate. That still stands!
 How many times have I said: if you want the rewards of a strong true love relationship you have to be willing to put in the work. When you work for something it means more to you, when it’s handed to you it means nearly nothing. You’ll never reap the rewards if you just give up and quit. No matter how much I wanted to I never gave up on you or us, put everything I have into us, got through what made me feel like quitting, then made everything right so we could be happy again no matter who started the conflict. I don’t know how you could quit like this, Barbara, in the specific way to mess me up with maximum shock and pain. Is this you? Or are you really a loving person deep inside that can tell you’re giving up something truly great/wonderful and make up before it’s too late?
 All I can do is wait and see.
 You wanna know what I miss about you being here Barbara? I miss when you wanted me to run an errand you needed and it gave me a clear anxiety reaction where I tell you what’s up. Many times not in a sweet way since I was having an attack. None the less I went anyway because you needed it to be done. Along the way I thought about how it’s easy to do things when you’re happy about it but when you’re not and do it for someone you love anyway that is showing real love. I showed you real love that way many times if you think about it(even if you thought I did it badly). I also miss having to go to the markets for the food you want so much that I think about what to get you even now when in the stores we used. My anxiety on that subject had lessened in the last year thanks to me doing it for you. Now it’s back to how it was before you came because I want to shop for US, not just me. You made me want to cook because I loved it when you enjoyed what I made for us/you.

 Even when we were fighting and you spent most of the day in bed I was always glad to see you when you came out whether you said anything to me or not. When I had to do some side job, help someone, or do anything where I left and you stayed home, I always wanted to get HOME to be with you. Looked forward to getting there and hoping you were happy I came home. YOU made my place home! Without you it’s back to being a place where I don’t want to be but can’t leave easily. But I guess that’s my problem.


 We knew what was up when we took our vows, we made promises to stay together in sickness or in health, through good times and bad, and to love, honor, and cherish each other. I hold true even through this tragedy, what will you do Barbara? You want to learn and grow? You know being with me with help you grow in ways you need while you enjoy the true real love I feel for you. I want to grow too but without you, my adored wife, I have no reason or ability. Being the best husband to you I can be is what makes me continue, and you know I am the best you’ve ever heard of despite my mental issues! They improved greatly with your influence. Can we go back to fighting for our happy marriage or do you need time?! Give me something to hope for or closure! I deserve at least one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment